MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Data Analyst
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
12/13/18 11:16 AM
Client Data Analyst
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Client Data Analyst (CDA) supports technical operations related to inbound and outbound batch file handling, system connectivity setup and ad-hoc data requests in support of maintenance of business and new implementation efforts. The CDA provides “back office” capacity to the Client Technical Solutions team and works hand in hand with their Business Systems Analyst to execute on task based services. This position may not be client facing at level I; level II and level III, however, it will require strong business acumen and client communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports client and Third Party Administrator (TPA) connectivity setup requests and is responsible for submitting and tracking tasks assigned to IT systems team
- Applies SQL expertise to modify and run predefined SQL queries to support client ad-hoc reporting requests
- Facilitates client batch file processes, creating, assigning and monitoring tasks for IT OPS Scheduler via SalesForce for recurring and one-time requests
- Verifies batch file processing requests are completed, validating delivery status or manually posting file(s) to secure FTP directories
- Configures client batch file parameters to establish, update or terminate outbound data extracts
- Navigates UNIX environments to locate, assess and move data files to support various data processes
- Actively supports Implementation efforts, providing direct assistance to the Client Technical Solutions BSA team to:
- Coordinate with Data Exchange to perform custom file conversions (834)
- Load client test files into End-to-End environments, reviews load logs and generates client consumable summaries post-load
- Manually load client files into production
- Performs basic data error resolution through data analysis and test file processing
- Maintains client reference documentation in support of data services
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or closely related field; or two (2) to three (3) years job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Knowledge of pharmacy benefits and claims processing configurations; or equivalent combination of education and experience is helpful.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, hands on programming experience using SQL, PL/SQL or any other equivalent versions. Experience with UNIX shell scripting and understanding of best practices, design principles, and data standards strongly is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Data analysis experience preferred and healthcare eligibility experience a plus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.