MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Solutions Architect
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
8/30/19 1:01 PM
Enterprise Solutions Architect
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The PBM business is a data-intensive business with much of MedImpact’s value to its clients deriving from the careful organization, processing and sharing of data. The Solution Architect is part of MedImpact’s Enterprise Architecture team and plays a key, visible role within MedImpact IT as well as Business organizations.
The Solution Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting EA activities for creating deliverables that guide the developing direction for managing a portfolio of solutions in response to disruptive forces, and driving achieving targeted business outcomes. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
The Solution Architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise's solution architecture. This individual creates deliverables that help develop a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions to better match targeted business outcome objectives. This includes applications, processes, information, shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components.
The Solution Architect leverages and uses technology solutions to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities. These, in turn, facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of MedImpact’s targeted business outcomes.
What You Get To Do:
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system changes to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative
- Provide consulting support to application architects within projects to ensure the project is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies due to aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation)
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision
- Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architectures are compliant
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture)
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
- Identify the organizational impact (skills, processes, structures, culture, etc.) and financial impact of the solutions architecture
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised
What You Need:
Education and/or Experience
- For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in at least two (2) IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
TOGAF certification preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Initiate and influence change in a “matrixed” environment with limited formal authority
- Excellent analytical-thinking, critical-reasoning, and problem-solving skills as applied to complex business-technology subject areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to conceive and execute small projects and work independently
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Expertise in Object-oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Deep domain knowledge in Modern Web Application Architecture and working knowledge in at least one additional area: Data Architecture, Integration Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Security Architecture
- API Management, Micro Services, and Servicer Oriented Architecture (SOA)
This position may require domestic travel
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.