MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Managing Principal, eCommerce & Digital Solutions
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
8/8/19 2:20 PM
Managing Principal, eCommerce & Digital Solutions
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The Managing Principal, eCommerce & Digital Solutions reports to the President and responsible for the vision, leadership, and implementation of overall eCommerce & Digital Solutions technology strategy for the enterprise. The role will require a passionate, business-oriented technology leader who can provide strategic leadership and management in the design and development of the major technical initiatives that support strategic business programs and facilitate revenue growth. The ideal candidate will be able to get into the details while providing strategic, technical, and operating expertise and guidance, and bringing creativity, vision, and passion to the technology organization and its services. Along with the senior management team, this role will be critical in the development of the company’s holistic business strategy (client acquisition and retention, digital product roadmap development, infrastructure and platform development), and then lead the application development and implementation of appropriate eCommerce & digital technologies that align with this business strategy.
What You Get To Do:
- Define, architect, and execute eCommerce and Digital development plans required to fulfill the company’s business and technology strategies.
- Provide high-level leadership to development projects that create and continuously improve the functionality, reliability, scalability, and security of the company’s eCommerce & Digital applications and systems.
- Drive an eCommerce & Digital software development lifecycle process and culture that ensures the appropriate balance in which quality products are produced in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Provide strong daily inspiration, leadership, and management to technology teams, including recruitment, employee training and development, and performance management.
- Grow and scale the team by recruiting world-class technical talent as needed. Create and foster an environment conducive to innovation, high productivity, and high quality.
- Supervise assigned functional areas of technology including software design and development, enterprise architecture, quality assurance and testing, and collaborate with production operations and technical support, network and systems administration, and information security management as appropriate to deliver desired results.
- Ensure sound architectural designs are employed and advocate for best practices and processes.
- Create a strong internal culture to manage technology projects with accurate time estimates, adherence to deadlines, and strong communication to stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with internal functional teams as a technology partner in forwarding business capabilities.
- Provide input to annual budget exercises, and manage organizational spending to set budgets.
- Assist the senior management team in crafting the Company’s holistic growth and organizational management strategies.
- Deliver the highest level of service to both internal and external constituents.
- Coordinate cross-functionally for eCommerce project prioritization and financial allocation. Manages the strategic planning and budgetary prioritization for enterprise level and various subsidary projects. Communicates and collaborates with other departments and subsidaries regarding program interdependencies, opportunities and impact.
- Defines roles of stakeholders and manages interdependencies; identifies “at-risk” projects and resolves problems.
- Defines and manages multiple eCommerce strategic initiative projects from idea, design and development through implementation to ensure customer satisfaction. Provides oversight and leadership of program project teams.
- Oversees the coordination of Request For Proposal (RFP) processes for the selection of external vendor and other partners required for the implementation of projects. Coordinates and defines Statement of Work (SOW). Ensures selected vendors are onboarded and are consistently meeting project requirements and agreed upon service levels.
- Negotiates contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Maintains MedImpact’s eCommerce project dashboards as well as other dashboards monitoring key business metrics.
- Communicates program status and overview for groups including senior level executives, clients and vendor partners. Provides regular project updates to and coordinates project presentations for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Performs research on potential products as well as process development and improvement. Recommends new processes, where needed, to improve timeliness and quality. Defines requirements, customer expectations, and scope of work through a cross-functional team.
- Uses knowledge of current platforms, applications as well as other technologies applicable to eCommerce and PBM industry to manage projects.
- Adheres to and complies with Project Lifecycle Methodology standards. Ensures that direct reports comply with company and industry standards for project management.
What You Need:
Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or related field (or equivalent combination of education and job related experience); Master’s degree preferred. Requires ten (10) to fifteen (15) years’ experience in a senior technical management role with tangible and proven eCommerce experience. Prior hands-on experience managing macro and micro-focused projects in application development and software design. Must have program management as well as experience with contracting, project management, regulatory adherence, marketing, financial analysis, and vendor and staff management.
Deep knowledge of current best-practice application development and related technologies including C#, Java, eCommerce and related technologies in an agile environment.
Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access), Microsoft Outlook and MS Project
Other Skills and Abilities
- Seasoned manager of technical teams, including leading, hiring, resource allocation and budgeting
- Ability to motivate individuals in a team-oriented, collaborative, results-driven organization
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and interact with partners and customers directly
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed with a focus on delivering tangible results
- Superior service orientation
- Proven ability to lead and deliver projects in a matrix management organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and track record for achieving goals
- Able to maintain an intellectual balance across disciplines including: government regulatory, technical, business, financial, and management skills
This position may require domestic travel
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level III
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.