MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager III
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
12/5/18 4:39 PM
Project Manager III
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Project Manager supports the Government Programs Medicaid Encounter team to provide leadership, organization and coordination for the key initiatives and activities related to MedImpact’s program and product offerings. Leads the efforts of a multi-disciplinary project team through various stages of the project lifecycle, including vision and scope, requirements analysis and requires close partnership with internal/external client counterparts, the internal Implementation Management team, Information Technology (IT), Account Management, Operations, Health Services, and other departments as needed throughout the duration of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works in partnership with enterprise-wide functional leaders, stakeholders and project team members to manage complex business projects across multiple programs which may include any of the following areas of expertise: Medicare Part D, Medicare/Medicaid Program (MMP), Medicaid Managed Care (MMCO), Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) as well as public federally-facilitated or state-based marketplace exchange programs
- Leads the efforts of multi-disciplinary project teams through various stages of the project development lifecycle, including vision and scope, requiring analysis and partnership with various departments throughout the duration of projects
- Creates as well as coordinates and develops project prioritization, project scope, project plan, project tracking and other project-related activities and associated documentation; guides project stakeholders in defining project scope
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine timing of deliverables, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of a project; establishes work plans, schedules, resources for each phase of projects; coordinates and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Communicates with project staff to outline work plan, assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Coordinates and interfaces with other departments to secure project team resources
- Responsible communication of project status to stakeholders, management and project team
- Ensures project documentation throughout the project lifecycle and for obtaining appropriate approvals at each phase of the project
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) along with eight (8) plus years' job related experience. Candidates must have previously demonstrated success in Business Project Management (analysis, design, development, and deployment activities) as well as prior experience in governmental programs (CMS, Medicare, Medicaid and Public Exchanges).
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMP certification required and Six Sigma/Lean background desired, not required. PMP certification should ideally be obtained within first 12-months of employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in the role of Project Manager of complex business projects that include both business process, service delivery and information technology solutions
- Experience in all phases of systems development lifecycles and/or business process engineering methodology
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and clients
- Experience operating in a matrix management organization
- Experience in PBM, pharmaceutical or managed health care industry a plus
- Executes and delivers within the confines and timeframes provided by regulatory agencies
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to present information at varying levels of abstraction depending on audience
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
This position requires domestic travel of up to 15% of the time
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.