MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
# of openings:
Added to system:
7/5/19 9:29 AM
Full Stack Developer
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. is looking for extraordinary people to join our team!
Why join MedImpact? Because our success is dependent on you; innovative professionals with top notch skills who thrive on opportunity, high performance, and teamwork. We look for individuals who want to work on a team that cares about making a difference in the value of healthcare.
At MedImpact, we deliver leading edge pharmaceutical and technology related solutions that dramatically improve the value of health care. We provide superior outcomes to those we serve through innovative products, systems, and services that provide transparency and promote choice in decision making. Our vision is to set the standard in providing solutions that optimize satisfaction, service, cost, and quality in the healthcare industry. We are the premier Pharmacy Benefits Management solution!
The position works within the Application Development & Support team to provide software programming for new software, production support and maintenance for existing software, as well as ad-hoc support of key departmental business areas, databases, applications, and tools which drive business functions. This role receives general instructions on new projects and works autonomously to complete deliverables.
What You Get To Do:
- Develops software at all layers by programming, designing and testing code to meet requirements
- Gains a thorough understanding of functional requirements for new software requests
- Works with Business Systems Analysts to understand and clarify software requirements and translate into working software
- Practices good software engineering techniques and standards to reduce coding errors and ensures robustness and efficiency of work products
- Partners with software teams in the development of the software engineering processes
- Works to identify and resolves technical or product problems
- Participates in software project meetings and provides status reports
- Translates technical designs into working software
- Maintains existing applications by enhancing software and troubleshooting issues
- Collaborates with team members and partners with others as needed to ensure successful completion of assigned software development tasks
- Participates in code reviews and incorporates recommendations
- Applies Object Oriented Design principles and design patterns in creating System level solution designs
- Creates and maintains software design specifications document
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned tasks and end-to-end accountability for end-product delivery
- Makes recommendations to IT management for the adoption of (1) new technology (2) industry’s best practices, and (3) streamlining processes
- Communicates and presents designs in group settings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Partners with team members and technical project lead to ensure component design fits in with the overall solution
- Adopts new techniques and technologies
- Initiates attendance at job related training to keep skills current
- Maintains current understanding of the industry’s best practices
- Assists with mentoring and training of less experienced IT staff members
What You Need:
Education and/or Experience
Prior PBM or healthcare experience is helpful but not required.
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and five (5) to eight (8) plus years’ job related experience in the essential job functions listed.
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and eight (8) to twelve (12) plus years’ job related experience in the essential job functions listed.
- Advanced hands on experience building solutions using J2EE technologies
- Experience with frameworks like JSF, JPA, Hibernate, Spring
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL in an Oracle RDBMS environment
- Some experience working in UNIX environments and shell scripting
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), SOAP & REST Web Services
- Java Web Application Architecture
- Familiar with tools such as Maven, GIT, Jenkins
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies; requirements gathering; flow diagrams
- Familiarity with web containers like Tomcat and Web Sphere Application Server (WAS)
- Familiarity with Business Process Management Technology like IBM BPM
- Solid understanding of SDLC and prior experience working in Agile Scrum teams
- Experience building UI with Typescript framework such as Angular
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on project teams and/or matrix-managed teams
- Ability to appropriately schedule and prioritize multiple projects to ensure timely and effective delivery of IT solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with emphasis on translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Prefer familiarity with PBM business model (plans, programs, and practices) as well as pharmaceutical practices (nomenclature, medications)
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Wellness Programs
- Paid Time Off / Company Paid Holidays
- 401K with Company match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To explore all that MedImpact has to offer, and the greatness you can bring to our teams, please submit your resume to www.medimpact.com/careers
MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.