Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Millennium Health
WHO WE ARE - Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company that delivers accurate, timely, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient. Millennium Health offers a comprehensive suite of services including Millennium PGT and Millennium UDT, which can be used to better tailor patient care. More information can be found at www.millenniumhealth.com.
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for purchasing and planning of supplies & services using scheduling techniques and materials requirement planning for the Production and Sales.
- Create and maintain forecast and plan assigned commodities at the SKU level.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of material, parts, services as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Manage suppliers to reduce costs, improve quality, control inventories and ensure timely flow of material.
- Proactively report material availability issues.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
- Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times.
- Coordinate material flows and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials
- Manage the company flow or materials between warehouse locations
- Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers
- Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (re-order level, MOQ, lead time, safety stocks)
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options
- Inventory adjustments and reconciliations
- Obtain internal approvals, prepare and enter PO in Great Plains for confirmed/approved orders. Document and communicate PO to suppliers.
- Verify receipt of material on POs and enter receipts in Great Plains.
- Conduct frequent partial physical inventory audits to verify accuracy of computer and workbooks records; coordinate a complete count of all physical inventory monthly.
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures
- Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned
- Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations
- Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities
- Experience buying chemical raw materials preferable.
- Working knowledge of systems preferably Great Plains.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics and/or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer (required)
- Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines
- Proficient with MS Office – advanced skills with MS Excel
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status