Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Millennium Health
WHO WE ARE - Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company that delivers accurate, timely, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient. Millennium Health offers a comprehensive suite of services including Millennium PGT and Millennium UDT, which can be used to better tailor patient care. More information can be found at www.millenniumhealth.com.
We're looking for a star team player to assist in the refund process at our organization. Reporting directly to the Refund Supervisor, you will be responsible for the following:
Processing and researching credit balances and refunds. Assist the Refund Supervisor with managing the day-to- day operations of the refund department (evaluating job performance, auditing, training and answering Refund staff questions).
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- Requires the overall knowledge, skills and abilities to perform any functional role within Cash Management/Refunds.
- Ability to research/identify issues and problems, develop solutions and prepare recommendations, including policies and procedures.
- Perform Refund staff audits on a bi-monthly basis or as needed and review results with supervisor prior to meeting with employees individually.
- Assist supervisor in the approval process for refund requests received from PRS staff.
- Interacts with supervisor or manager for approvals and actions needed to resolve outstanding refund requests.
- Responsible for researching and resolving the following exception reports: Remit Errors Report, Discrepancy Report, Provider Level Adjustment (PLB) and Multi Allow Error (MAE) Report by following the departmental policies and procedures.
- Reconcile Credit Balance Report accounts.
- Recommends operational changes to improve efficiency of department.
- Notifies Supervisor/Manager on recurring issues and substantial dollars related to adjustments and/or refunds and any issues that impact production and quality.
- Participates in educational activities and attends weekly staff meetings.
Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required and assigned and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate good leadership skills
- Ability to use analytic and problem solving skills to identify, investigate and resolve issues
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work is required
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals in a high volume, fast paced environment is required
- Medicare, Medicaid/Medi-Cal, private insurance billing experience preferred
- Proficient in MS office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Knowledge of refunds and the refunds process
- 1-2 years researching and resolving credit balances.
- 2-3 years medical billing experience with an emphasis on recoupments and refunds to insurance companies
- 2+ years’ experience with account reconciliation and balancing and posting medical insurance payments required
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status