Mission Federal Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Financial Analyst III
at Mission Federal Credit Union
SUMMARY: Sets up and maintains the Asset/Liability Management (ALM) system including projections, net economic value (NEV), interest rate risk (IRR), and what-if scenarios. Provides data analytics for the credit union by proactively gathering information from various sources. Works with vast amounts of data to uncover hidden information to assist in making smarter business decisions. Uses data mining and statistical analysis techniques to maximize results. Assists with other financial systems including organizational and product profitability. Performs financial analysis including statistical reports, performance measurement, and trend analysis. Prepares monthly financial reports for Board of Directors, Asset and Liability Management Committee, Sr. Management, Department and Branch managers.
1. Sets up, operates and maintains the ALM system, including monthly updates, projections and reporting. Performs ALM tasks including IRR, NEV and what-if scenarios. Maintains account specifics including key rate ties, prepay/decay rates, re-pricing, etc. Ensures the control, accuracy and integrity of the ALM system.
2. Provides VP, Finance & Treasury Manager with research on various investment strategies and portfolio analysis and presents findings to Investment Committee. Provides regular reporting and analysis for derivatives program.
3. Prepares BOD and ALCO packages including various financial and statistical reports, and assimilate economic and industry information.
4. Models different asset structures to accurately capture cash flows and calculate ROIs.
5. Models liquidity for purposes of cash flow analysis and stress liquidity.
6.Prepares and analyzes peer data analysis and other data as required.
7. Continuously improves the efficiency and effectiveness of financial analysis and reporting. Provides procedures and documentation of processes.
8. Performs ad hoc analysis as requested and participates on committees as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field is required. Two years of equivalent experience can substitute for every one year of education.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years Finance/Accounting experience to include preparation of financial statements, financial management experience to include ALM, calculation of financial ratios and financial decision making techniques, and experience in designing and generating reports using Excel and PowerPoint software is required. Strong understanding of economic and accounting principles is required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial statements, business periodicals, technical procedures and government regulations is required. Investment portfolio and derivatives analysis and reporting experience desired.
Skills: Requires strong analytical and organizational skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, financial institution Asset & Liability Management systems, Profitability systems, Business Intelligence/CRM applications, and Symitar or related core processor systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constant sitting, bending (neck), twisting (neck), repetitive hand use involving simple grasping and fine manipulation.
- Frequent bending (waist) and twisting (waist).
- Occasional walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, hand use involving power grasping, pushing & pulling, reaching (above & below shoulder), lifting & carrying 0-25 lbs.
**Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**