Mitchell International, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mitchell International, inc.
- Job ID
- Regular Hire
Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
At Mitchell our Accountant assists in ensuring adherence to accounting policies and procedures in conformance with current GAAP and SEC guidance, and company standards. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries and adjustments to ensure proper recognition of accounts in support of the month-end close.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned accounts.
- Assist in the development and documentation of key processes and controls.
- Assist in maintaining prepaid and accrual schedules.
- May assist in the preparation of technical accounting memos and narratives to support accounting treatment.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules in conjunction with the annual external audit.
- Maintain open lines of communication with stakeholders inside and outside Finance department.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 2 or more years of related work experience, public accounting experience preferred (not required)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e vlookups, pivots, etc.)
- Possess excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Experience with international transactions, including foreign exchange transactions and intercompany reconciliations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.