Mitchell International, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mitchell International, inc.
- Job ID
- Regular Hire
Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Our recent merger with Genex brings together two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
Mitchell is embarking on an exciting new chapter in the company’s history that focus on innovation, continued development of best in class SaaS solutions, and building a robust portfolio of software offerings. As a result, we are expecting some significant growth over the course of the next couple of years.
We are actively seeking a DevOps Engineer to help build the next generation of our Auto Physical Damage products, and help maintain the existing product line. We are hoping to find solid DevOps Engineer who has the desire to learn or have solid experience in Cloud, Infrastructure Scripting, and Container deployment and management technologies.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, debugs, tests and documents programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including but not limited to sprint planning, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Translate functional specifications into working software.
- Assist in third level support of applications once delivered into Production.
- Understand, define, and develop product requirements; providing development estimates as needed.
- Use test driven development and scaled agile methods to deliver products to client requirements.
- Participate regularly in SCRUM activities and provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Analyze code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a marked improvement in applications and the timely completion of projects.
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive related experience
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins or equivalent
- Experience with and ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Experience in infrastructure provisioning and deployment technologies (Ansible and CHEF required)
- A working understanding of coding and scripting languages (C#, Python, Java preferred)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Knowledge of containers and micro service deployment and monitoring tools is a big plus
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.