NanoString® Technologies, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inside/Remote Sales Representative -Life Sciences
at NanoString® Technologies, Inc.
As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR), you will be responsible for driving consumable sales and serving as the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries. You will manage the sales process for specific products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail. Responsibilities include engaging with existing customers, generating new sales leads, introducing customers to the NanoString products that best meet their needs, coordinating with internal resources to address customer questions/objections, providing pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes, negotiating and coordinating with manufacturing to ensure delivery of products, and closing the sales process through the point of order receipt. You will work closely with Regional Account Managers and Prospecting Associates to meet and exceed sales quotas for a specific territory. This is a home-based sales role located in a specific geography and requires minimal travel (10%); however, local travel to nearby customers is highly encouraged.
Territory: SoCal and Mountain Area
- Support Regional Account Managers with lead generation, customer follow-up, and developing/closing consumable opportunities.
- Initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and outbound prospecting.
- Engage with existing customers and generating sales leads.
- Manage trade show leads and their respective qualifications.
- Ensure compliance with manufacturing protocols to ensure product build and shipment.
- Establish new customers and maintain/grow existing customer accounts.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with customer accounts including product end-users, management and purchasing contacts.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions and provide feedback on ROI.
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or technical field required. Genetics, molecular biology, chemistry strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life science product preferred.
- Solid fundamental understanding of genetics/genomics.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personality types. Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist customers.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions using NanoString products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM database a plus.
- Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork
- See benefits at NanoString
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.