Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Eligible Clinician
at New Alternatives
Looking for an exciting opportunity!? Join New Alternatives in our program that uses Trauma-Informed, Culturally-sensitive and Evidenced-Based Practices to help families in your community.
Position Title: Licensed Eligible Clinician
- Responsible to ensure assigned medical records comply with all State and County mandates regarding implementation NAI services;
- Submits required documentation to NAI’s Quality Assurance department
- Provides supervision of assigned Family Advocate
- Participates in case consultation with the treatment team
- Will act as ICC (intensive Case Coordinator) and perform all duties associated with ICC to ensure Pathways to Well-Being integrated and executed
- Remain available to assist with crisis assessment and intervention for NAI, as needed
- Clinician is responsible for completing a thorough assessment of need with youth and family to identify needs in the following areas: Primary Care physician, Substance Abuse treatment, support and/or treatment for domestic violence, medication management, therapy services, behavioral services, educational advocacy, and parenting education and support.
- Assist in any outreach efforts as requested by Program Director
- Utilize effective collaboration with community providers, Parent Partners and Family Advocates to increase youth and family follow-through with referred services
- Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize evidence based & promising practices as deemed appropriate
- Participate in supervision, team meetings and CFTs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual/Bicultural preferred
Educational Requirements: Master’s degree in social work, marriage and family counseling or other field of study that qualifies for licensure in the State of California.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or a License Clinical Psychologist or licensed eligible. Current California License or BBS registration required.
Other Experience Requirements: A minimum of two years experience working with youth and families, or adult/families in mental health or substance use and recovery capacity with a minimum of two years experience working with multidisciplinary teams. Prefer experience with youth in out-of-home placements.