Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Eligible Clinician for Outpatient Behavioral Health Program
at New Alternatives
New Alternatives, Inc. will be directing a certified outpatient behavioral health program, providing a full range of Title 9 outpatient diagnostic and treatment services for children, adolescents, and young adults (up to age 18). Services will be short-term (utilizing a 10-day model) and include assessment, individual/group/family treatment, crisis intervention, and medication management. Licensed eligible-Clinicians will deliver services in the areas of trauma, anger management, transgender youth, substance use disorders, and youth with parents addressing immigration and/or asylum issues. Programming will be focused on providing a warm hand-off, case management, individual therapy and the rehabilitative services needed to support the child or youth in their transition.
Position Title: Licensed Eligible Clinician
- Responsible to ensure assigned medical records comply with all State and County mandates regarding implementation of services;
- Model a sense of urgency in execution of services in a short-term model
- Participates in case consultation with direct care staff and psychiatrist as needed.
- Remain available to assist with crisis assessment and intervention at locations as needed.
- Responsible for completing a thorough assessment of need with youth and family to identify needs in the following areas: Primary Care physician, Substance Abuse treatment, support and/or treatment for domestic violence, medication management, therapy services, behavioral services, educational advocacy, and parenting education and support.
- Utilize effective collaboration with community providers to increase youth and family follow through with referred services.
- Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize the following evidence based & promising practices: Trauma Informed Care practices, Motivational Interviewing, WRAP, additional as deemed appropriate.
- Understand, embrace and be a TIC champion in ALL aspects of their role
- Will act as ICC (intensive Case Coordinator) and perform all duties associated with ICC to ensure Pathways to Well-Being integrated and executed, when there is not another appropriate designee
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Spanish Speaking Highly preferred.
Educational Requirements: Master’s degree in social work, marriage and family counseling or other field of study that qualifies for licensure in the State of California.
Licensure/Certification Requirements: Current California BBS registration and intern number required.
Other Experience Requirements: A minimum of 2-years’ experience working with youth and families, or adult/families in mental health or substance use and recovery capacity with a minimum of 2-years’ experience working with multidisciplinary teams. Prefer experience with youth in out-of-home placements.
Full Time Benefits:
*Excellent medical and dental benefits
*Vacation and Sick Time
*Family Fit Program through LA Fitness