Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Parent Partner for outpatient behavioral health program
at New Alternatives
New Alternatives, Inc. provides residential, foster care, in home, outpatient and school based services for abused, neglected and traumatized children and adolescents and families. New Alternatives, Inc. is committed to providing Trauma Informed Care principles throughout our agency. Candidates should have knowledge and/or desire in assisting the agency carry out this culture.
Position Title: Parent Partner
- Responsible to ensure compliance with standards of assigned medical records
- Participates in case consultation with Team, as needed
- Remain available to assist with crisis assessment and intervention, as needed.
- Assist in any outreach efforts as requested by Program Director
- Based on Clinician's assessment of need with you and family, Parent Partner will work with biological, kinship or adoptive family and help develop discharge plans and referrals, as appropriate
- Provide skills training, interventions, support and resources
- Work with parents to encourage self-advocacy and empowerment
- Participate in supervision, team meetings and CFTs (as assigned)
- Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize evidence based & promising practices, as deemed appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Educational and Minimum Experience Requirements: Life experience either as participant, recipient or care giver of one who has utilized public social services. Prior experience as a foster parent strongly encouraged to apply. One to two-years working with children or youth in foster care or out-of-home placement.
Licensure/Certification Requirements (if any): None Required.
Other Experience Requirements: Must demonstrate competency in the following:
- Strong case management capabilities
- Family Systems and Cultural competency
- Effective crisis intervention and critical response skills
- Bilingual/Bicultural Strongly preferred.
- Spanish Speaker Strongly Preferred
** Benefits With 30 or more hours a week
*Excellent medical and dental benefits
*Vacation and Sick Time
*Family Fit Program through LA Fitness