Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Auditor- New Alternatives Inc.
at New Alternatives
New Alternatives, Inc. is a private nonprofit agency that provides a wide range of services to children, youth and families in San Diego and Orange Counties. Services include residential, outpatient, day treatment and in-home support services.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Auditor
The Quality Assurance Auditor position is ideal for any candidate that works well independently and is passionate about promoting quality mental health services to our San Diego County community. This position is responsible for the monitoring of NAI’s Behavioral Health Programs’ medical record compliance, clinical documentation training and providing informed feedback to program managers and clinical staff. The Quality Assurance Auditor works closely with program directors and assists in navigating San Diego County’s community mental health practices.
- Evaluate medical records for accurate and complete documentation of medical necessity, treatment modalities and appropriateness of level of care
- Provide feedback regarding discrepancies in documentation to clinical and administrative staff
- Provide staff training on a variety of topics, such as: HIPAA regulations, False Claims Act, Medi-Cal documentation standards, etc.
- Provide assistance with Electronic Health Record systems
- Inform clinical and medical staff of procedural changes within the system of care
- Assist in the development and update of Policies and Procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinical and administrative staff
- Review Monthly productivity reports
- Attend County and Community Meetings
- Reports to Quality Assurance Director
Skills and Abilities:
- Works well independently and in a team setting
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Adaptive to fluctuation in workload and assignments
- Detail oriented
- Familiar with DSM-V and ICD-10 codes
- Comfortable with troubleshooting issues associated with Electronic Health Records
- Comfortable with exercising appropriate clinical judgment and answering questions
- Registered or licensed with the Board of Behavioral Sciences in one of the following disciplines: LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or AMFT, ASW, APCC
- Valid driver’s license
Full Time Position
Monday-Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM
We are taking precautions due to COVID-19 and all our efforts will be thoroughly explained in the initial job interview