Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Partner for outpatient behavioral health program
at New Alternatives
New Alternatives, Inc. provides residential, foster care, in home, outpatient and school based services for abused, neglected and traumatized children and adolescents and families. New Alternatives, Inc. is committed to providing Trauma Informed Care principles throughout our agency. Candidates should have knowledge and/or desire in assisting the agency carry out this culture.
Position Title: Youth Partner
- Responsible to ensure compliance with standards of assigned medical records
- Participates in case consultation with Clinician and Program Director, as needed
- Assist in any outreach efforts as requested by Program Director
- Based on Clinician's assessment of need with you and family, Youth Partner will work with youth (primarily) and family to help develop discharge plans, including, but not limited to, referrals for Primary Care physician, Substance Abuse treatment, support and/or treatment for domestic violence, medication management, therapy services, and behavioral services
- Provide skills training and interventions and encourage youth self-advocacy and empowerment
- Work with youth to develop independent living skills, and increase positive self-management
- Develop Wellness Notebook and WRAP plans with youth
- Maintain a regular and routine schedule providing youth, identified family of origin, kinship and long-term resource family’s engagement and interventions to move treatment forward
- Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize evidence based & promising practices, as deemed appropriate
- Participate in supervision, team meetings and CFTs (as assigned)
- Provided rehabilitative services, crisis intervention and group therapy
- Other duties as assigned
Educational and Minimum Experience Requirements: Bachelor degree strongly preferred. Life experience either as participant, recipient or care giver of one who has utilized public social services, preferred. Two years working with children or youth in foster care or out-of-home placement.
Licensure/Certification Requirements (if any): None Required.
Other Experience Requirements: Must demonstrate competency in the following:
- Strong case management capabilities
- Family Systems and Cultural competency
- Effective crisis intervention and critical response skills
- Bilingual/Bicultural Strongly preferred.
- Spanish Speaker Strongly preferred.
** Benefits With 30 or more hours a week
*Excellent medical and dental benefits
*Vacation and Sick Time
*Family Fit Program through LA Fitness