New Haven Youth & Family Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director - Educational Services
at New Haven Youth & Family Services
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the CEO, directs all administrative aspects of the educational services / programs directed toward optimal educational development of individual students, within the Special Education environment of a Non-Public School, by assuming all aspects of the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversee, organize, implement, and evaluate all of the school’s educational programs, supporting New Haven’s treatment philosophy and assuring that the quality of education is both conducive to learning, of the highest caliber possible, and within a safe and positive learning environment for our youth;
2. Identify needs, provide instructional leadership, supervise, develop, facilitate, and coordinate program improvements (instruction and assessments), through educational staff and related program activities, maximizing student learning experiences and professionally developing and encouraging staff to deliver and employ effective classroom experiences that engage and motivate at-risk / SED youth;
3. Establish, communicate, and maintain strong positive relationships with staff, students, parents, and community representatives; attending IEP’s /ITP’s and other meetings as needed , representing the school at District and community functions and activities, ensuring that instructional programs that are effective, fiscally responsible, safe, compliant and proactively represented;
4. Prepare and maintain all necessary program reports and perform other duties as deemed necessary for the fulfillment of educational program requirements, including but not limited to academic achievement, welfare, safety, budgetary records/information, credentialing, attendance, scheduling, and/or any District, County, State and/or federally-mandated records/reports/contracts as necessary;
5. Provide direction and/or assist in resolving staffing issues/ organizational tasks and/or hiring of staff participation (screening, interviewing and selecting) related to educational programs as needed;.
6. Participate in the delivery and/or development of training and development activities relative to the educational development and/or training needs of staff/youth and/or agency directed trainings/professional development workshops/events as needed;
7. Perform related duties as assigned.
Required: Possession of a CA Mild/Moderate Special Education Credential and/or LH Credential required, Administrative Credential with Master’s Degree preferred; three years certificated experience in related field, to clear Community Care Licensing hiring requirements; valid CA driver’s license with acceptable driving record, automobile, and evidence of automobile liability insurance. Preference will be given for other school teaching experience.