Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer Systems Architect
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Operations Integration/Data Integration & Visibility has an opening for a Principal Engineer System Architecture to fill our critical and specialized technical needs. The selected candidate will be responsible for research and/or product development in more than one engineering discipline.
Designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements. Defines design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications. Develops thorough definition of system external interfaces. Defines system implementation approach and operational concept. Ensures requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
In this role, the selected candidatewill be expected to:
- Design and develop system architectures, and define key capabilities and performance requirements
- Define design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications.
- Develop thorough definition of system external interfaces.
- Define system implementation approach and operational concepts.
- Ensure requirements are met and evaluates performance with customer.
- Develop computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with the company's system architecture standards
- Establish and document system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) and 2 years of engineering experience.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Programming ability and proficiency with C#, .NET, SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Angular JS, and SharePoint as well as above average capabilities with the MS Office suite of tools.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.