Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Contract Administrator 2
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman SystemsCorporation is seeking a Contracts Manager 2 to join its team of qualified,diverse individuals, supporting its Airborne C4ISR Division. Thesuccessful applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's AC4ISRDivision contracts organization and will have overall contracts managementresponsibilities for the newly formed Network Enterprise Tools, F-22 CNI andE-6B Operating Unit (OU) within the Communications Business Unit. The successful candidate will be a direct report to the Communications BusinessUnit Contracts Leadership and will work closely on a day-to-day basis with theprogram directors, managers, business managers, operations manager, capturemanagers, and other functional teams supporting this OU.
The successful candidate willbe responsible for all aspects of the portfolio from the business developmentphase through contract closeout, delivering strong customer satisfaction,successful financial performance and risk mitigation. Candidate's abilityto build strong customer intimacy and employee engagement is a key priority toassist with growing this important business area. The Manager ofContracts will review and approve contractual documents for protection of thecompany's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirementsand adherence to company policies and therefore a keen attention to detail isessential. Candidate will also be responsible for planning and executingsuccessful contract negotiations of a complex nature and achieving targetedprofit rates as well as favorable terms and conditions to assist in meetingprofit and cash goals. Regular and proactive interface and effective collaborationis required with program, technical and operations organizations in order toprovide guidance and direction based upon the requirements of the contracts,change management discipline and to ensure timeliness of CDRL submissions. The Managerof Contract's responsibility includes being able to make decisions in a timelymanner, offer guidance and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizationsranging from technical, program, finance, supply chain, export and security forseamless contract administration. The successful candidate will beresponsible for the direct supervision and management of 4-5 staff personneland for providing objective-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines& general policies while maintaining a strong level of engagement.
The Manager of Contracts mustbe a role model for diversity and inclusion through seeking out and includingdiverse opinions and perspectives, has the ability to solve complex problems byactively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources. Successful candidate must also demonstrate commitment and energy to meetcustomer needs. Contract Manager's ability to provide concise andeffective communication through presentation, written documentation or e-mailformat with different levels of Management is key. Administers, extends,negotiates and terminates standard and nonstandard contracts. Conducts proposalpreparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customercontact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillmentin accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customerspecifications. Examines estimates of material, equipment services, productioncosts, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy andcompleteness. Prepares bids; processes specifications, progress, and otherreports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles andanalyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- Bachelor's Degree with 10 years relevant experience in contract administration/management or related field
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations.
- Strong proposal development skills, solid negotiation skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math skills
- Demonstrated 1 year of leadership or supervisor experience
- Ability to travel 3-4 times annually.
- Has the ability to obtain a Secret, SCI security clearance
- Master's degree in Business Management or related field
- Currently possess an active Secret, security clearance
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others
- Must possess excellent problem solving and decision making skills that support accomplishment of discipline objective to resolve complex problems and minimize risk to the Corporation.
- Ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.