Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer Software - Integration
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Principal Engineer Software - Integration to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo (San Diego), CA.
• Ensure consistency and quality of software products
• Develop test plans and procedures
• Support the development teams in the investigation of issues
• Develop and implement the software integration plans in a lab environment
• Act as a resourceful point of contact for the test and development teams
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and cooperative team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system, software, hardware, and integration/test engineers. Experience with the Java programming language and a software integration environment is beneficial. This position is for a software developer / integrator with a primary focus on integration.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of software engineering experience, Masters degree in a STEM discipline with 3 years of software engineering experience, or a PhD in a STEM discipline with no experience
• Experience developing software / writing code in Java, C , C# or other OOP (Object Oriented Programming) languages.
• An active DoD Top Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain program access
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• Experience with scripting languages and messaging protocols such DDS, JMS, and Web Services (SOA and Rest)
• Knowledge of Linux/Solaris systems with basic commands
• Experience developing/integrating enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
• Experience in object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD).
• Understanding of unit testing, including path, line, and bound coverage.
• Familiarity with SEI CMM/CMMI, IEEE or military standard software engineering practices.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
• Good technical writing skills.
• Availability to work second shift as needed and to support a 25% travel schedule.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.