Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Project Management
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks a Project Manager to work with our Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) team which is an operating unit within the Communications division located at the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
Our expertise is in delivering complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. as part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the “equipment providers.” Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way.
What you'll get to do:
The Project Manager for JSF program will be responsible for cost, technical, and schedule parameters for the JSF Special Test Equipment (STE) Maintenance and Sustaining production efforts, for domestic and international STE deliveries. Specific tasks of the Project Manager include, but are not limited to the following: monitor the labor name-runs, spending of labor and material, review and approve STE maintenance requests and plan for future STE maintenance and spending based on historical trends, evaluate, prioritize, assign personnel to production resources like Interface Test Adapters ITA/Test Stations/Cable repairs. In addition the candidate will be responsible to strategically plan for Domestic & International STE needs and maintenance for activities leading to their domestic and international STE deliveries; moreover the candidate must adhere to the concept of no production downtime for missing test equipment or critical consumables; must be able to design new innovative concepts for ordering STE materials critical parts; create executive level status reports and must be able to have superlative communication skills when conveying complex technical, schedule, and cost performance parameters to senior management, up to, the vice president-level. He/she will be responsible for working directly in partnership with the Production Sustaining Engineering STE Manager in order to meet production and customer goals such as, but not limited to, achieving minimal production test station downtime and mitigating related impacts to production as they pertain to the domestic and international STE deliveries. Must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, driven, team individual willing to hit the ground running in an ever-changing production environment. The candidate will also interface with, but not limited to: senior technical leadership, Production Non Recurring (PNR) teams, Product Integration Team (PIT) leads, business management, production control, and production supervisors.
Additional qualifications include: previous experience on development or production programs is desired; prior cost account manager experience in management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of a project or program; demonstrated ability and application with Earned Value methods that enable you to stay within the technical, cost, and schedule performance budget constraints.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
• Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years' experience of working knowledge in hardware engineering/manufacturing for advanced digital/RF electronics.
• Knowledge of industry practices and independently demonstrates the skill and ability to manage and perform required tasks.
• Experience in Firm Fixed Price contracts and Earned Value Management knowledge
• Ability to represent the organization as a prime contact for hardware STE domestic and international builds.
• Experience managing production efforts while striving to keep to cost, technical and schedule budgetary constraints.
• Develops technical innovative solutions to a variety of complex problems as it pertains to keeping production domestic STE online with minimal downtime impacts; ability to spearhead and have superb situational awareness of all international STE deliveries from Production Non Recurring Teams in order to meet program milestones.
• Active Secret Clearance to start with ability to meet and adhere to requirements for, in order to attain, Program Special Access.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical, Electro Mechanical Engineering or STEM related technical science curriculum or technical business degree equivalent.
• Experience with Earned Value Management, Forecasting EACs, MEACs, and managing budgets a definitive plus.
• Previous engineering design and troubleshooting experience on development programs is desired.
• Experience with management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of a project or program.
• Active Secret Clearance with Special Access Requirements (SAR).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.