At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Project Manager. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects project management associated with planning, implementation, contracting of change proposals, and execution of the program across Integrated Product Teams and functions. The successful candidate will interact with stakeholders for as well as manage risks and opportunities to ensure timely execution program requirements. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The primary objective will be to provide leadership to a multi-disciplinary team to accomplish the delivery of all contractual requirement on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements. Project Managers are responsible for coordination and management of all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout). Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management.
• Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies and tools.
• Coordination of Contract Change Board activities internally and with the customer, to include Engineering Change Proposals (ECP).
• Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management.
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders.
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF).
• Proposal development / capture planning and strategy.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work.
• Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions.
• Development of customer relationships and cultivation of customer intimacy.
• Ability to communicate daily with internal and external customers; including frequent interaction with manufacturing, Contractor Field Team and Customer Test Team.
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
• Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM field from an accredited university and 6 years (or Master's degree in a STEM field and 4 years) of experience supporting Aerospace, Department of Defense, Government contracts, or project management in other industries. • At least 1 year of experience in a technical program/project manager, engineering program manager, Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead or similar leadership role with responsibilities for requirements, cost, schedule and performance of a project. • Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team lead, control account manager, or similar role. • Experience in proposal management and responding to requests for proposal. • Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience. • Active and current Secret clearance.
• Ability to communicate daily with internal and external customers; including frequent interaction with the manufacturing department. • Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions. • Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result. • Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal. • The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance. • The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program. • Experience using Microsoft Project or similar software to manage complex, multi-year contracts. • Supply chain management or logistics experience. • Experience with Global Hawk Unmanned Aerial System.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.