Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prncpl Suply Chn Procrmnt Spec
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Start your futurewith a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Global Supply Chain(GSC). As a member of the Global SupplyChain Category Management team you'll join experts in developing systems andsolutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, publicsafety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging andrewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. We'll supportyou with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of globalsecurity. Join us and let your future take flight!
Northrop Grummanis seeking a skilled and motivated professional for the role of a Procurement Specialist3 with experiences in supply chain management, or related fields, toinclude business and financial planning, contracts administration, projectmanagement, logistics, or manufacturing. This position will be located atour Mission Systems San Diego location.
The Procurement Analyst isresponsible for the execution of acquisition strategies to include:
· Competitive and non-competitivesourcing approaches, requests for quotes
· Solicitation bid packages strategies,targeting optimized pricing through volume
· Source selections in a competitiveenvironment.
· Understand and evaluate multiplesupplier proposals to place compliant purchase orders.
· Extract, monitor, analyze andvalidate data and information from multiple sources.
· Develop engaging and collaborativerelationships with suppliers and internal partners / customers to drive problemresolution.
Candidates must be ableto make sound and independent decisions in a timely manner, display stronginterpersonal skills, and have an agile perspective of compliance protocolmandated by regulated industry, including Aerospace and Defense.
A candidate, regardless ofage and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited institution
- Six years of professional experience (in the fields of Supply Chain, Business Management, Logistics, or other related field) with a Bachelor's Degree, four years with a Master's Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and innovative behaviors in past projects, roles or experiences as well as the ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Ability to discern and analyze data to formulate and execute effective negotiation strategies
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis and negotiation of contractual terms and conditions
- Problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to apply risk based thinking in support of strategic decision making
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.