Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Program Cost Analyst 4 - San Diego, CA
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
This Program Cost Control Analyst position will, under general supervision, interface with the program managers, functional management, and cost account managers (CAMs) to provide financial and administrative support and analysis to meet program requirements. Candidate will have experience with Earned Value Management and performance measurement baseline concepts and be able to apply them to multiple contracts for control accounts within an engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT). Earned Value Management (EVM) tasks include:
Establishing Work Breakdown Structure for execution of budgeted cost of work scheduled
- Assessing and maintaining of objective performance criteria
- Maintaining and justification of estimates to complete
- Supporting internal and external reporting requirements for variance analysis and budgeting baseline
- Analyzing funding, cost risk analysis/assessment and visibility reports
- Preparing government cost performance reports and preparation and/or review of Performance measurement variance analysis
- Developing and analyzing of estimates to completion
Additional responsibilities will include:
Performs analysis and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Candidate will also be responsible for supporting the preparation and coordination of financial forecasting and reporting. Internal reporting requirements include incorporation of forecast, identification of staffing issues related to baseline/ETC, and execution of corrective action or updates using program reporting tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field with 10 years of experience in financial analysis and/or cost analysis OR a Master's Degree with 8 years of experience.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have strong hands-on knowledge of EVMS policies and procedures
- Understanding of Business Systems (SAP/MPM/wInsight)
- Security clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.