Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shipping Receiving Coordinator 1
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Manufacturing team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Shipping Receiving Coordinator 1 based out of our Ranch Carmel facility in San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
The Shipping Receiving Coordinator 1 performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties while working out of a central warehouse.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting.
- Follow shipping practices and procedures, along with transportation routing and schedule requirements.
- Receive incoming materials or prepare materials for shipment.
- (Un) pack or (un) wrap items such as finished products, raw stock, assemblies, parts, building materials, office supplies, equipment, etc.
- Verify quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications; log receipt of items on system, process freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents; report materials shipped and bills of lading; posts weight and shipping charges and route merchandise to destinations.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
- High School diploma plus minimum 1 years' experience
- Knowledge with MS Office
- Must be detailed oriented and have good communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with change.
- Able to lift 25 plus pounds & stand for long periods of time
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US citizenship
- Prior experience with DD Form 1149, MIL-STD-129, DoD processes for domestic and overseas shipments, to include IATA and ITAR/Export compliance.
- Working knowledge SAP
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.