Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Comms Systems Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman, ouremployees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in airand space that impact people's lives around the world today, and forgenerations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advanceshuman discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people whohave bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to inventthe future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop GrummanAerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Communications Engineerto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals on a development program atthe Autonomous Systems Center of Excellence located in San Diego, CA. As a Sr.Principal Comms Engineer you will be responsible for design, integration,and test, of advanced airborne communications subsystems.
- Define allocated subsystem functional, performance, and interface requirements, intended use and operational environment.
- Define communication subsystem functional, performance, and interface, environmental and test/lab requirements, and potential suppliers.
- Support the allocation and flow down of the overall system operational, mission and functional requirements into communications subsystem requirements related to configuration end items (including associated services and tasks).
- Verify that the communications subsystem meets its performance requirements within cost and schedule objectives.
- Coordinating efforts of the supplier management team (SMT) with engineers, the subcontracts administrator, supplier quality assurance representatives, logistics engineers, the cost account manager, the scheduler, and the material planner.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 Years of STEM related experience; or 7 Years with Masters; or 4 Years with PhD.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with in-scope SSBI.
- Advanced working knowledge of SATCOM, TCDL, Iridium, and UHF/VHF LOS technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Systems Engineering experience.
- Master's degree or PhD in STEM field.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across program level (management, engineers, and technical leads), and negotiate / integrate different viewpoints.
- Ability to work on self-initiated assignments.
- Ability to write in-depth technical reports and present to executive leadership.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Weare proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, makingdecisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteranstatus, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA andPay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.