Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Optical Communications Engineer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At NorthropGrumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionarysystems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, andfor generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advanceshuman discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people whohave bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to inventthe future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop GrummanAerospace Systems has an opening for an Advanced Optical CommunicationsEngineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals on a developmentprogram at the Autonomous Systems Center of Excellence in San Diego, CA.As Optical Communications Engineer you will be the developingadvanced technical ideas and guiding their development into a finalproduct.
Serve as a Subject MatterExpert the field of Optical Communications and other Beyond Line of Sight(BLOS) links for Autonomous Systems.
Act as an advisor tomanagement and customers on advanced technical applications.
Provide Communicationssubsystem guidance and coordination across the engineering organization.
Perform Communicationsubsystem analysis and system performance trade studies.
Understand, derive andmaintain applicable system and subsystem requirements.
Lead efforts to definemodels for Communications subsystem installed performance analysis, and workwith performance analysts and/or operational assessment analysts to help implementand confirm the efficacy of performance models.
Author and release technicaldocuments.
Perform as a focal point foranalyzing data from laboratory and flight tests, and support formally verifyingsolution meets requirements.
Serve as a key technicalmember of the Subcontract Management Team (SMT) to oversee supplier technicalperformance.
Provide training to juniorengineers.
Average travel for thisposition is approximately 25%.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 14 Years of STEM related experience; or 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with in-scope SSBI.
- Experience in the field of Optical Communications.
- Advanced working knowledge of communication technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Master's degree or PhD in applicable field.
- Supplier Management Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across program level (management, engineers, and technical leads), and negotiate / integrate different viewpoints.
- Ability to work on self-initiated assignments.
- Ability to write in-depth technical reports and present to executive leadership.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
NorthropGrumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proudto be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisionswithout regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, orany other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparencystatement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship isrequired for most positions.