Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environment Health & Safety Compliance Senior Consultant
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Alta, an NV5 company, seeks a proven Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Senior Consultant in Long Beach or Oceanside California to manage projects and work with leadership to grow our EH&S Compliance team. This is a doer-seller role with broad management responsibilities and overseeing a wide array of array of Alta client projects. The successful candidate will leverage existing client relationships and industry reputation to successfully grow projects and client relationships.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The ideal candidate is a technically knowledgeable doer-seller with strong inter-personal communication skills and the ability to build client trust and rapport. The ideal candidate will be high-energy achievement oriented with entrepreneurial spirit. They will excel in a collaborative team environment of like-minded experts. The ideal candidate is recognized among their peers for the ability to interpret technical and analytical data and present it in a clear concise and understandable reports and graphics for clients (the layperson). They will promote our brand and build business through high quality work, publications, and technical presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee Environmental, Health and Safety compliance programs.
- Develop client relationships and act in a seller/doer capacity, developing new clients and selling services to existing clients.
- Assist clients with their compliance programs, including responding to enforcement actions and developing environmental management systems.
- Help industrial clients meet current and anticipated regulatory requirements such as those imposed by AQMD/APCD, EPA, DTSC, CUPA, Cal/OSHA, State and Regional Water Boards, and Sanitation Districts.
- Audit environmental compliance to support senior-level assessments of industrial operations and commercial property – often in support of merger and acquisition (M&A).
- Interface with client environmental staff, review all environmental permits and applications, provide support to service operations, and review reporting as it relates to permits.
- Help clients systematize their environmental compliance programs.
- Generate environmental compliance revenue by developing new clients and markets as well as leveraging existing clients and company talent.
- Oversee staff and provide hands-on support for such regulatory programs as annual emission reports, RECLAIM reporting, toxic release inventories, hazardous materials business plans, annual storm water reports, etc.
- Spearhead internal thought leadership on EH&S trends and evolving requirements.Mentor junior staff on tasks described above.
- BS degree in environmental science, engineering, or geologic sciences (advanced course work or graduate degree preferred)
- 6+ professional experience in environmental consulting
- Program and project management capabilities
- Well-established contacts in the West Coast Region
- Goal-oriented, high energy leader with strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit
The position will be located in our Long Beach or Oceanside, CA office.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.