Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transmission Line Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
We are seeking full-time Overhead Line Designers and Engineers to support our growing Transmission & Distribution practice. The ideal candidate will have experience utilizing the PLS-CADD software suite for the routing, design, and execution of high voltage overhead transmission and distribution design projects (12kV to 500kV). Candidate will be involved in all facets of transmission and distribution line routing and design. There may also be opportunities to contribute to other aspects of line design projects, including client development and project management.
- Routing and design of transmission and distribution lines utilizing the Power Line Systems software suite including PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and TOWER
- Structure analysis and loading trees, developing design criteria and specifications for the T&D line design and procurement of materials, project cost estimating, and quality control reviews.
- Should be familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience as the technical lead on projects.
- Will prepare drawings and documentation for construction of transmission line projects.
- Providing leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Some marketing responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Experience in 12kV to 500kV line design and working knowledge and/or expertise in Power Line Systems software suite (i.e., PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, TOWER, etc.) required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An active professional engineering (PE) license is recommended
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.