Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Engineer 4
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel’s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company’s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
Our Maintenance Engineer 4 will ensure that our hotel property is well-maintained and reflects an image of outstanding quality. He/She will fix minor issues and repairs, as well as, respond to guest calls for maintenance in an efficient and courteous manner. The Omni San Diego was a Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 on Glassdoor, and provides many amazing benefits such as free lunch, regular associate events, full benefits, and 401k match!
- Respond and attend to guest room repair requests.
- Respond and attend to hotel alarms.
- Fix plumbing problems such as unclogging drains, plunging/repairing toilets, repairing toilets, leaking spigots, faucets, pipe valves and related equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance with tools on laundry and kitchen equipment including cleaning and lubrication, filter changes, belt adjustment, etc.
- Maintain daily shift logs of operation, maintenance, pool, spa, and safety activities. Order necessary tools and equipment; maintain necessary stock items.
- This job description is not all inclusive of other job duties or tasks that may be assigned to this position.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighting less than or equal to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people (colleagues, guests, vendors etc.) in English.
- Must be knowledgeable about using hand tools, power tools, and trade tools.
- Must have a working knowledge of general maintenance and repairs in at least one building trade.
- Must be familiar with OSHA Safety regulations.
- Must be available to work flexible full time schedule including weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Must be reliable, able to work independently, and willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Prior hospitality experience is preferred (or a very closely related industry with similar clientele/needs).