Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, User Experience
- Research & Development
Insulet is a leading manufacturer of connected wearable devices, whose mission is to improve the lives of people with diabetes. We pride ourselves on delivering the simplest, most usable diabetes technologies to the market and we are looking for a dynamic leader to guide a team of talented UX designers, UX prototypers, UX researchers, and technical writers to help us develop next-generation technologies that provide extraordinary user experiences.
At Insulet, UX works collaboratively with marketing, clinical, product management, IT and engineering to innovate and translate deep user insights into compelling, user-centric product experiences. Our core technologies include wearables, mobile apps, and web-based applications.
The ideal candidate is a recognized expert in human factors, mobile UX design (Android and iOS), web design, and has experience building and leading UX organizations to deliver short and long-term innovation objectives. They must understand the relationship between content, technology, design, and integrating these in a way that is pleasing and usable.
- Define team structure and resource requirements to deliver Insulet’s innovation roadmap
- Select, onboard, lead and manage a diverse UX team comprised of designers, researchers, and technical writers
- Benchmark industry trends and adopt Insulet’s approaches to ensure that Insulet remains at the forefront of UX best practices
- Evolve Insulet’s user experience approach, including tools, approaches, testing strategies, documentation, and KPIs to ensure that Insulet continues to deliver the highest-quality user experiences
- As a member of the R&D leadership team, provide leadership and oversight to deliver Insulet’s development programs
- Set vision for and own content management
- Oversee localization of Insulet’s user interfaces to facilitate Insulet’s global expansion
- Collaborate with development to create and document complex UX deliverables in a manner that can be efficiently consumed by development teams
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in cognitive science, experimental psychology, HCI, Interaction Design or related design discipline.
- 10+ years experience with user research and user experience
- 5+ years leading a team of user research and design activities spanning web and mobile applications
- Combination of medical device and consumer technology (Android and iOS) experience preferred
- Extraordinary passion for making a difference in the lives of people living with diabetes
- Unshakable commitment to user-centered designs
- Motivated to help teams succeed
- Strong leadership, excellent communication skills, and extensive experience leading and working with technical and commercial teams
- Strong working knowledge of industry standards and tools including, at minimum, Material Design, iOS Human Interface Guidelines, Xcode, Axure, Sketch, Framer, Zeplin
- Ability to read Java, SWIFT, and HTML strongly preferred
- Fluent in usability standards and design heuristics for mobile, web and other platforms
- Embody the leadership, work ethic and personality that thrives in a fast-paced culture