Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT (Software Developer II) - SSC PAC
at ORSA Technologies
- 05-Aug-2019 to 04-Oct-2019 (MST)
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Company Overview: ORSA Technologies LLC is an 8(a) Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona with satellite offices in Sierra Vista, AZ & Tampa, FL. ORSA provides expert training services, C4I services, Engineering services, Cyber services, IT services and O&M support that spans the Department of Defense. ORSA has a corporate focus on exceeding customer needs, employee professionalism and development, and strength in partnerships. Our team is comprised of a diversified and talented workforce who provide customers with exceptional value.
ORSA has a requirement for professional and technical services to provide RDT&E IT infrastructure support as an enabling service to the 130+ Research & Development labs associated with SSC Pacific.
The RDT&E network is a complex network of computing and communications systems and software supporting a scientific user community that relies on available and stable access to timely information. The RDT&E environment allows customers to utilize Navy computers and network infrastructure to develop, test, and certify new systems that are either directly in support of Navy initiatives or support internal or external customer requirements.
We are seeking candidates to provide Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) aligned professional and technical IT support services in the following areas:
- Information Resources Management (IRM)
- Cloud Administration/Engineering
- RDT&E Operations Center (ROC)
- Virtualization Infrastructure Management
- RDT&E and SRDT&E Network Infrastructure Support
- Client System Administration
- Network Security
- Video Teleconferencing (VTC)
- Telephone Infrastructure Support
- IT Project, Administrative and Business Analysis Support
- Server System Administration/Engineering
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Management Administration/Engineering
- IT Registrar
- Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) Support
This Requisition seeks a Software Developer II with the following qualifications:
Software Developer II
Security Clearance: "Secret" level clearance
1) Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related
scientific or technical discipline from accredited college/university and 5+ years of experience in software
2) Preferred: Master's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other
related scientific or technical discipline from accredited college/university.
3) Experience translating operational needs into long-term architecture solutions.
4) Ability to participate in all phases of scientific and engineering projects such as research,
design, development, testing, modeling, simulating, training, and documentation.
5) Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in computer languages: Python programming,
6) Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in integrating web-based Application Programming
Interfaces (APIs) for data driven systems, database management and query creation for SQL based
languages, client server programming, agile development environments, hosting web applications,
and various integrated development environments.
Note: If you see an area of IT expertise in the service areas above other than a Software Developer II that you may qualify for, please review all of the associated requisitions for this work at:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
ORSA Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.