Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
San Diego, CA
PAE has an opportunity for a Site Manager to join our team on our Federal Government contract. This will be a salaried position.
The Site Manager is responsible for management of an assigned location within a single geographic location. The Site Manager shall ensure that the Assistant Site Managers and Functional Area Supervisors are operating the site efficiently and effectively in all areas to include equipment, maintenance, contractor staff, and security.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
· Supervises Assistant Site Managers and Functional Area Supervisors and provides guidance on issues such as administration, property control, facility maintenance, safety, security, customer service, and daily production and staffing as required by the contract
· Ensures the quality of all operations is maintained and evaluates the performance of all clerks against government and company standards, conducting frequent internal quality audits
· Communicates frequently with Assistant Site Managers and Functional Area Supervisors to ensure they are informed of relevant program announcements, issues, etc.
· Ensures Assistant Site Managers and Functional Area Supervisors are scheduling staff to maximize operational efficiency
· Prepares and submits timely and accurate reports to the Operations / Deputy Operations Assurance Managers, PMO, and/or customer. These deliverables may include production reports, customer service reports, employee timesheet reports, employee training records and evaluations, quarterly inventory of Government Furnished Property (GFP), Significant Incident Reports, and other documents as necessary or requested.
· Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures are approved by the government, implemented, understood, and updated when necessary
· Conducts training for all new Assistant Site Managers and Functional Area Supervisors using the SOP and other training tools and documentation as issued
· Provides leadership, guidance, motivation and career development assistance to Assistant Site Managers and Functional Area Supervisors. Ensures adherence to company and Program workplace policies and coordinates with PMO HR on resolution of personnel behavior or performance issues
· Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship with government agency personnel
· Maintains close coordination with Operations / Deputy Operations Assurance Managers on operational issues
· Ensures all documents and records required for the administration of the sites are maintained by the Functional Area Supervisors
· Ensures that daily production reports are filled out, submitted, and approved, accurately reflecting the work performance of the site
· Produces monthly production reports, reviewing and comparing it with employee time sheets to ensure the number of hours match, and submits to company payroll
· Works with corporate recruiting team to source, interview, and hire new employees and promote existing staff
· Submits timely recruiting and employment documents as required
• Minimum five (5) years of previous supervisory experience
• Management experience in the services industry
• Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance (if not already cleared)
• Active current Secret clearance with DOD or ability to obtain clearance at that level
• Must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word
• Must pass the PAE Core Skills Computer Assessment
• Strong attention to detail
Other Essential Qualifications:
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to work under pressure of deadlines, and contract performance standards
• Strong analytical capabilities with respect to metrics and process improvement
• Strong understanding of labor utilization and financial analysis
• Strong background in employee relations skills and ability to work with and motivate others
• Ability to work collaboratively using oral and written communication skills
• Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals
• Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
• Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
• Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
• Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Comprehension of basic computer programs
• 1 year of experience utilizing Microsoft Office, including Excel
• External candidates must have at least five (5) years of management or supervisory experience
• Internal candidates cannot have any verbal or written warnings within the last 3 months, possess a professional demeanor and must be recommended by their current supervisor. Four (4) years of previous supervisory or management experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
• Prior experience working with the public is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies. Use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is primarily performed in a traditional office environment but may also include all other work environments as required.
About PAE From our founding in 1955, PAE has offered enduring support for the essential missions of a wide range of customers, including the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. To support our customer’s complex missions around the world, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in aviation, capacity building and stabilization, critical infrastructure, expeditionary logistics, identity and information management solutions, integrated security solutions, test and training ranges, and training solutions; and enterprise-level technology products and software. Over the past several years, PAE has increased the breadth of services we offer our customers by integrating companies with proven capabilities and a customer-focused workforce culture. Today, the approximately 20,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in over 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world’s most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. As we grow, the values that have set us apart over the past six decades continue to guide our company in leading with integrity and excellence. We are strongly committed to diversity, recognizing our success depends on bringing together a wide range of perspectives, skills and experiences to find the most innovative, cost-effective solutions for our customers. Above all, PAE dedicates itself to the missions of our customers. The entire workforce maintains a focus and commitment on delivering the highest quality of support of the critical work of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia. Find us online at pae.com.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.