PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dog Training Petcoach
at PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world. Our vision might sound lofty, but we believe it's attainable when we obsess about providing complete care for our amazing pets. Our approach goes far beyond addressing our animals' basic needs to support their physical, mental, social, and emotional needs. By being sure we take all of these elements into consideration, we can help pet parents take the very best care of their pets.
Our obsession with delivering the very best experiences for pets and their parents guides all we do. From our convenient, affordable pet salon services to our extensive array of training classes and workshops, we always make sure to keep our commitment to healthy, happy pets front and center.
The PetCoach Dog Trainer is responsible for ensuring excellent service and care for all animals in our responsibility. The Trainer will be the primary resource and leader in their store regarding the PetCoach Dog Training Program and will be responsible for providing exceptional dog training instruction and customer service as the subject matter expert for Dog Training programs, products, services, and in store promotions. The Trainer will enhance communication between dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and rewarding successes while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet parents and fellow PetCoaches. You must be a high performing pet loving coach, obsessed with accompanying pet parents on their journey as they learn, shop, and discover the wide array of services we provide. Most importantly, you share the PetCoach mission and values with all partners and guests.
- fLead pet parents and dogs through Training Programs, classes and seminars. Promote positive training philosophy and ensure a safe training environment.
- Ensure a consistent, professional Training experience aligned with our Brand Standards and Guest Promise.
- Consistently meet and exceed store's budgeted sales and margin goals for Training programs.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all pet parents and fellow PetCoaches regarding Dog Training.
- Engage with co-workers to cross-train on Training programs and ensure promotion to all pet parents. Use all tools to drive training business.
- Maintain class related materials.
- Build relationships with pet parents to encourage guest retention across training and all pet services.
- Understand services across all platforms to ensure pet parents have a pet care plan that incorporates all that their pet needs.
- Perform all special or other projects as assigned.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving,
merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly.
Position require bending,kneeling, lifting (up to 50 lbs as necessary) and standing
for long periods of time.The large majority of this associate's time with be spent in
direct contact with our guests and their dogs.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Previous experience as a dog trainer preferred. Must complete Petco's Positive Dog trainer program
and must maintain designation of Petco Positive Dog Training certified DTI. Must be able to learn
quickly from a variety of sources including classroom instruction, video instruction, and reading
comprehension and application. Must demonstrate an aptitude for training, motivation and sales
techniques, analytical abilities as well as a professional appearance and demeanor.