Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior iOS Engineer
at Phunware, Inc.
Since our founding in 2009, we’ve relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world’s most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we’ve helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you’re compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today—our Phamily always has room for one more!
Phunware is seeking a Senior / Architect level iOS software engineer with experience developing mobile software technology and solutions. The engineer’s primary responsibility is to architect and implement mobile SDKs (libraries, samples, documentation, and features) for the Apple iOS platform. This framework will be used by internal and external teams for application development and will include integration into all of our Customer Engagement Platform SDK features to enable rapid mobile app creation, deployment, and management.
The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, comfortable dealing with ambiguity, very experienced with iOS development and has a strong track record of having deployed production code.
A Week In Your Shoes:
- Architect and implement iOS Application Framework (libraries, samples, documentation) that interface with the Multiscreen as a Service Platform
- Work with Product Management to take detail story-driven requirements and implement them using Agile Test Driven techniques
- Be hands-on; willing to roll up sleeves and write code when required
- Create prototypes that demonstrate value and functionality of emerging technologies
- Will lead teams on blockchain-enabled data exchange and loyalty ecosystem projects including support for Ethereum, Stellar and other production blockchains
- Mentor and guide the team of iOS developers on best iOS practices and architectural design
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Work in an organized team-oriented environment with shared responsibilities
- Handle product/customer escalations when needed
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional software development
- 5+ years professional iOS development experience using Objective C and Xcode
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
- Outstanding skills at interacting with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
- Responsible, organized and hard-working with excellent communication skills
- Experience with Cocoapods, Git/Github, Confluence, JIRA, Slack, and modern software development toolsets
- Experience shipping apps to both the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore
- Experience as a Technical Lead
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience writing unit tests or other forms of automated testing
- Familiar with Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins
Compensation and Benefits:
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental and vision coverage
Phunware: Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile