Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hadoop Data Engineer
at Rockstar North
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is seeking a Data Engineer with experience in Big Data technologies to join a team focused on building a cutting edge Game Analytics platform and tools to better understand our players and enhance their experience in our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Carlsbad, CA.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in developing complex ingestion and transformation processes with an emphasis on reliability and performance. In collaboration with other data engineers, database administrators and developers, the candidate will empower the team of analysts and data scientists to deliver data driven insights and applications to company stakeholders.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We work together with a number of departments to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses and machine learning applications.
- ETL Development – Safely and securely ingesting large volumes of data from high traffic production environments, auxiliary services, and various structured/unstructured data sources into our Hadoop and Vertica ecosystems.
- Warehouse Development – Assisting the team in tasks of data modelling on a massive scale, using Big Data tools and platforms to deliver high performance data sets.
- Data Quality Management –Troubleshooting and correcting quality issues with source data, as well as implementing auditing and alerting procedures to ensure data accuracy.
- Operational Support – Assisting in the day to day maintenance of Hadoop and Vertica clusters; assist in troubleshooting and bug fixes for daily processes.
- Analysis Support – Collaborating with stakeholders, analysts and data scientists to ensure that high quality data is available to answer any business needs.
- Experience with Hadoop Ecosystem (Map Reduce, Spark, Oozie, Impala, HBase, Scala, etc.).
- Experience with Big Data Ecosystems (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
- 2+ years of work experience in a similar position requiring ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Science architectures to be designed and developed.
- Deep understanding of data warehouse design and data modelling standards.
- Expert in at least one SQL language such as T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Experience in understanding the underlining requirements to translate them into data models.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Dynamic team player.
- A passion for technology - we are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills and seek out new skills and solutions.
- Experience with Vertica.
- Experience with Python and shell scripting.
- Experience with Tableau administration.
- Knowledge of the Video Game Industry and video games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.