Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Procedural Animation Programmer
at Rockstar North
Rockstar San Diego is currently seeking an experienced Procedural Animation Programmer.
We are looking for a talented engineer to help us develop advanced animation and procedural technology. You should have strong initiative, a detailed knowledge of character animation systems and procedural techniques such as ragdolls and IK, as well as a passion for realistic, high quality character motion.
- Develop, maintain, extend and support a wide range of procedural animation solutions, to achieve a variety of different character behaviors.
- Work closely with both the core animation technology team and gameplay teams across different Rockstar studios.
- Iterate with designers to continuously improve the quality and robustness of physics-driven animation in all Rockstar titles.
- Independently research and develop new procedural animation techniques.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, OO design skills and 3D math background.
- Detailed knowledge of character physics, ragdolls, IK, and more traditional animation techniques.
- Experience developing within a large existing codebase, collaborating or working independently within a large team.
- Familiarity with optimization and multi-threading techniques.
- Passion for character based games, good eye for character and animation aesthetics.
- Basic understanding of human motion and biomechanics, the cognitive and physiological processes involved, is a definite plus.
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly share complex technical information with programmers, animators, and designers.