Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rockstar North
Rockstar San Diego are looking for a Technical Artist for our current and next generation console game development. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years in the video games industry in a similar role. A strong working knowledge of C# and/or Python is a prerequisite. A portfolio showing working tools is a prerequisite.
- Interact closely with the multi-studio Technical Art team to develop and maintain tools for our artists.
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify and solve problems before they affect the development team.
- Implement new techniques that increase art quality and efficiency across various art disciplines.
- Communicate solutions to art and programming teams, ability to collaborate effectively with other team disciplines.
- Document and knowledge share these solutions.
- 2+ years of applicable professional experience as a technical artist with knowledge of engines and art pipelines.
- Experience using 3dsMax or Maya is a prerequisite.
- Thorough understanding in developing pipelines and creating efficient user interfaces.
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Games Industry experience is preferred, having shipped title(s) on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and/or PC.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
PLUSESPlease note these are desirable skills and not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with MotionBuilder and/or Houdini.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (Maxscript, MEL, C, C++, WPF etc.).
- A strong CG portfolio will be a bonus.