San Diego State University Research Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DAISY Cybersecurity Support - (71-8008)
at San Diego State University Research Foundation
- Req No.
- Dept/Proj Name
- Close Date
Provide technical and analytical support in the fields of computer science or psychology for the use of Deception Autonomics and Iterated Strategic Co-Evolutionary Game Theory (DAISEY) cybersecurity project. The purpose of the DAISEY project is to enhance the security of computer systems using an understanding of human behavior and adaptive network-based decoys. This task has two portions: Software Development for computer science students and Data Analysis for psychology students and students focused on cybersecurity.
The student shall assist in providing analytical and technical support in one or more of the following areas:
Software development and testing
- Develop, compile, and test software in both Linux operating systems using command-line tools.
- Test the performance and validity of compiled software using software instrumentation, unit tests, and performance measurement tools.
- Assist in the developing new performance measurements and unit tests.
- Assist in the development of new software diversity measurement technique and tools.
- Perform modifications to the existing project software according to a specification and validate the correctness and performance impact of the modifications.
- Assist in the design and development and implementation of new algorithms to perform game-theory driven adaptation.
- Implement prototypes to test new theories and new strategies for adaptive defense.
Experimentation and Analysis
- Perform experiments and collecting experimental data according to a given experimental design.
- Review, analyze, and document experimental methods and results.
- Perform numerical and statistical analysis of experimental results.
- Assist in the design of new experiments.
- Assist in the development of new experimental hypothesis.
Writing and documentation
- Assist as co-author in writing documentation, technical reports, and scientific papers.
- Monthly Status Reports and Bi-Weekly Time Reports shall be in accordance with basic contract CDRL.
Must have course work in the discipline requested on the task order Statement of Work. The student must be at the Senior level and have experience in 100% of the task requirements and be able to accomplish 90% of the work independently.
Minimum Qualification: Undergrad Level 3
- Computer Science or Psychology major (Senior)
- Technical Writing skills.
Preferred Computer Science Qualifications (not required):
- Prior experience in compiling software from source.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system environments.
- Strong programming skills (Java, Python, Haskell, Shell)
- Good writing and communication skills
Relevant Course Work:
- Game Theory
- Computer Security/Cybersecurity
- Computer Forensics
- Fundamentals of Networking
- Software Engineering
- Computer Architecture
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Unix Fundamentals
- Operating System Fundamentals
- Programming Languages
- Functional Programming
- Familiarity with virtual machine environments such as Virtual Box or VMW
m. Familiarity with IDE development using tools such as IntelliJ IDEA and Eclipse
Preferred Psychology Qualifications(not required):
- Applied research experience.
- Working knowledge of experimental design.
- Experience with human-subject data and analysis techniques.
- Research methodology for the behavioral science.
Relevant Course Work:
- Operational Psychology
- Research Methods
This position will require the employee to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Due to the regulations established by the Department of Defense, only US Citizens may qualify
This is a student position and is limited to working 20 hours per week
This position will remain open until filled
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer