San Diego State University Research Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Roadmap to Recovery Facilitator
at San Diego State University Research Foundation
- Req No.
- Part-Time Contract
- $12.50/hr - $13.50/hr
- Dept/Proj Name
- Academy for Professional Excellence
This position will remain open until filled.
The Academy for Professional Excellence, a project of San Diego State University School of Social Work, was established in 1996 with the mission to provide exceptional workforce development and learning experiences for the transformation of individuals, organizations, and communities. Serving over 50,000 health and human service professionals annually, the Academy creates experiences that transform the heart, mind, and practice with the goal of revolutionizing the way people work to ensure the world is a healthier place. The Academy continues to grow with new programs and a diversity of workforce development solutions for the health and human services community in Southern California and beyond. The Academy invests in its staff with an innovative work environment that promotes staff well-being and a culture that builds on and fosters the strengths of its diverse staff.
Responsive Integrated Health Solutions (RIHS) provides County of San Diego Behavioral Health System with staff development services that will increase competency in culture, co-occurring disorders, family-centered services, and resiliency as is required to outreach, assess, and support the recovery of severely mentally ill adults, children, and their families. RIHS coordinates classes, conferences, and training; provides curriculum and trainer development; develops eLearning courses; and offers consultation, research, and staffing needs assessment in the area of mental health and substance abuse under a Mental Health Services Act contract with the County of San Diego Behavioral Health Services. RIHS also provides the County of San Diego Behavioral Health System with staff development services that increase competency in health integration, culture, co-occurring disorders, the provision of resilience, family-focused, recovery-based services, and provides peer education groups for people new to recovery. RIHS Programs include Adults System of Care Training, Children’s System of Care Training, Justice Involved Services Training Academy, Geriatric Certificate Program, Roadmap to Recovery Program, Cultural Competency Academy, and Pathways to Well-Being.
All initial employment appointments will be 60-days in duration. The R2R Facilitator’s supervisor will assess the employee’s conduct, performance, and ability to perform the duties of the position after a 60-day observation period to determine if continuation of employment (reappointment) is appropriate.
Under the supervision of the Roadmap to Recovery Coordinator, the R2R Peer Facilitator is responsible for co-leading peer education classes focused on empowering individuals to discuss their wellness and recovery goals.
The R2R Facilitator is responsible for but not limited to:
R2R Peer Facilitation 85%
- Adhere to the meeting schedule, arriving on time, and holding the class accountable based on the schedule
- Complete and submit all tracking paperwork
- Maintaining professional relationships with all clubhouse managers and group members
- Attend monthly R2R staff meetings
- Adhere to the core values of the Academy for Professional Excellence
Clerical duties 10%
- Collect, prepare, and complete all required paperwork for each class or meeting
- Complete and submit mileage, parking reimbursements, and time sheets
Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned 5%
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of a variety of policies, procedures, and precedents specific to the Academy for Professional Excellence
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Able to travel to various sites within San Diego County
- Ability to effectively interact in a professional manner with professionals, and people in recovery
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and interact effectively with groups and individuals
- Ability to complete clerical activities within established deadlines
- Ability to identify and solve basic problems and refer more complex problems to supervisor
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers, partners
- Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Ability to relate well to others within the Academy for Professional Excellence environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of cross-cultural sensitivity
- Completion of a high school program or equivalent
- Completion of Peer Employment Training (PET) through RI International
- Facilitation Skills
- Previous experience working with people in recovery
- Experience leading group discussions
- Completion of all 13 Roadmap to Recovery Classes
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer