San Diego State University Research Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sponsored Research Contracts & Compliance (SRCC) Analyst
at San Diego State University Research Foundation
- Req No.
- Full-Time Central Staff
- $18.72 - $20.02/hr
- Dept/Proj Name
- SDSURF - SR Contracts & Compliance (SRCC)
This position is open until filled with first review of resumes to take place on 7/5/19.
The mission of Sponsored Research Contracting and Compliance (SRCC) is to ensure timely and effective contract negotiations when working with public agencies, other universities, nonprofit organizations, and private industry. SRCC is responsible for initiating the subcontracting process for grants and contracts and is involved in the subrecipient monitoring process. The department works closely with Sponsored Research Development and Sponsored Research Administration, as well as with SDSU’s Division of Research Affairs, to ensure that we adhere to sponsor, university, and SDSURF policies, particularly in compliance areas such as human and animal subjects, conflict of interest, cost sharing, export controls, responsible conduct of research, and environmental health and safety.
The SRCC Analyst is responsible for the receipt, review and processing of sponsored awards, including analyzing the terms and conditions for possible compliance and subagreement requirements.
Duties will also include the tracking and documentation of compliance and subagreement preparation components, as well as data entry of key components into the Banner Finance and internal tracking systems. This position bridges pre and post award administration processes for a large volume of complex awards funded from a variety of sponsors. A major focus of the position will be on the technical and analytical aspects of sponsored program review, subagreement preparation, and processes analysis. The analyst shall possess the necessary skills essential to coordinate with all departments within the Foundation, as well as Project Directors and their staff.
Award Processing – 40%
- Responsible for internal processes related to the receipt, review and processing of awards, including review of standard language terms and conditions.
- Assist in the review and implementation of procedures for awards processing and tracking activity.
- Maintain processes to ensure that awards comply with applicable mandates related to animal and human subjects, conflicts of interest, financial disclosures, environmental health and safety, and other requirements.
- Perform month end and fiscal year end processes to ensure accurate proposal and award activity data.
Subagreements – 40%
- Draft Subagreements and amendments for a variety of agencies and subrecipients. Interacting with faculty, staff and subrecipients to obtain applicable scopes of work, budgets, subrecipient information and other items as needed.
General Support and Analysis – 20%
- Implement processes related to prior authorizations to expend funds (priors). Ensuring that priors are processed expeditiously. Reviews procedures and suggests streamlining measures as appropriate.
- Generates reports related to proposal and award activity. Identify areas for enhancement and works with other Foundation departments to implement changes when necessary.
- Participate on task forces and committees related to SDSURF systems. Participate as needed on special projects.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Completion of sufficient college coursework to successfully perform the required duties of the position.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible related experience. One year of full time progressively responsible related experience may be substituted for college coursework requirement
- Experience working with SCT Banner, as well as Nolijweb workflow processes.
- Experience with governmental accounting principles,sponsor reporting requirements and audit policies, OMB circulars A-133, A-110 (2 CFR Part 215), and A-21 (2 CFR Part 220).
- Experience with the pre-award proposal process.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU Research Foundation
San Diego State University Research Foundation is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer