Schuff Steel Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schuff Steel Company
- Schuff Steel - Pacific
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Manages all activities associated with the construction of an assigned project. This may include managing or coordination with a team of Project Coordinators, Project Administrators and other Project Managers.
- Ensures that all contractual terms and obligations of such projects are maintained.
- Ensures projects meet cost requirements. Meets with VP of PM if costs exceed budget and obtains permission before approving out-of-budget costs.
- Assures proper accounting for project change orders.
- Interfaces with necessary departments and subcontractors to determine the scheduling of work and materials.
- Meets with customers and vendors to identify potential barriers with resolutions that maximize production and minimize costs.
- Visits job site as needed and required. This may consist of out of state travel.
- Prepares reports for management. Meets with key personnel to ensure timeliness of project.
- Meets and confers with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Contractors, Detailers, and Plant and Field crews to verify accuracy and completeness of all construction drawings.
- Reviews plans and proposals and determines proper procedures in order to accomplish company/department goals.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented to ensure Schuff's interests are protected.
Additional duties & Responsibilities:
(The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required by management)
Required qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) to perform essential functions of this position:
- Effective Communication methods
- Project Management & Scheduling skill set
- Efficiency Analytics/Metrics comprehension
- Steel Erection/Fabrication methods
- Heavy Equipment/Technology comprehension
- Computer Modeling/Drafting/Blueprint Drawing Interpretation
- Advanced Software comprehension
- Safety Standards for Workplace
- Conflict Resolution
- Result Driven/Critical Thinking
- Budget Planning/Forecasting
- Effective Negotiation
HS Diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering, or Business may substitute for 3 years of the required experience. Experience as a fabricator or erector may substitute for detailing/drafting exp.
5-10 years related experience as a Project/Construction Manager in the structural steel industry or 5 years related experience as a Project Coordinator/Engineer or Asst. Proj. Mgr. along with 3 years detailing/drafting/computer modeling.
General knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures. General knowledge of AISC standards and AWS codes. Proven ability to read and interpret shop and design blueprint drawings. Proven ability to manage large multiple commercial and industrial projects. General knowledge of 3D modeling / Tekla system. Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.
Software, Technology and Equipment used
Personal Computer; phone; Computer Software includes: MS Windows 7, MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook; Contract Manager, Primavera Scheduling, Fabtrol and Tekla system.
Position requires as many hours needed to fulfill the daily and weekly obligations required to carry out the functions. Working long days including evenings and weekends can be required for this position. Position requires frequent out of state air/road travel as needed and required. A clean driving record will be required due to required road travel. Current and valid driver's license and proof of acceptable insurance is required. This position is generally indoors in a climate controlled office. However, frequent visitations to the outdoor plant facilities will be required. Travel time is up to 50%. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request for those who have disabilities that qualify under the American with Disabilities Act.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with and Affirmative Action Plan.