Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training and Certification Release Manager | 24585
at Service Now
Training and Certification Release Manager
Location(s): San Diego, CA; Santa Clara, CA
This position reports to: Senior Director of Curriculum, Training and Certification
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As the Release Manager, you will take internally developed courses (both eLearning and instructor-led) from development-complete through release. Working with best-in-the-business teams of Curriculum Developers, you will manage the process, communications, infrastructure, and ongoing strategy for the release program.
You will be responsible for providing a proactive and strategic (longer-term) perspective on the improvements of internal processes, tools and/ or infrastructure, as well as a tactical view into daily issues. Your primary focus will be the Release cycle, but your responsibilities will include cross-functional process development. This position will require approximately 10-25% travel.
For each release, you will be the driving force to:
- Develop the overall release roadmap, timelines, and other documentation to ensure a timely and effective release
- Lead development of future-focused release management strategy, incorporating operational frameworks across the organization
- Build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and third-party vendors involved in our processes
- Identify, document, and develop mitigation plans for risks throughout and consistently work with stakeholders to optimize release practices for future cycles
- Design and optimize processes to improve efficiencies and develop communication strategy to ensure successful implementation
- Work with curriculum managers to effectively manage risks during the release
- Monitor and track the day-to-day development activities required to deliver a great product on time
- Deliver clear, succinct weekly release notes to all organizational stakeholders, focusing on key project metrics and milestones
- Ensure operational readiness using products on the ServiceNow Platform
- Develop and document consistent practices, including development of templates, webinars, workshops, knowledge base articles, and briefings for the curriculum developers and managers
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7-10 years of project and program management experience
- Expertise in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, including implementation of new methodologies
- Strong customer orientation, driven to deliver quality experiences to stakeholders and customers
- Strong ability and passion for building consensus among numerous stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Excellent leadership and proven people skills, able to remain professional under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Experience in the area of training and delivery
- Knowledge of ServiceNow
- Experience with SaaS products
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or email@example.com for assistance.