Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Bell Captain
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationSheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleAssistant Bell Captain
Area of InterestFront Office/Guest Services
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a Bell/Valet Assistant Captain to greet and welcome arriving guests as they arrive at the hotel. Assist both arriving and departing guests with baggage handling and supervise door and luggage attendants with respect to same.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet all arriving and departing guests.
- Maintain standards of excellence in the escorting of guests to and from their rooms and assist with luggage.
- Inform guests of all accommodation features, property amenities, and promote hotel outlets.
- Introduce Starwood Preferred Guest Program to guests upon arrival and recognize club members. Maintain accurate logs. Supervise luggage retrieval and ensure accuracy.
- Store guest baggage upon request and assist with the loading and unloading of baggage into and out of automobiles. Request assistance with items that are too heavy to lift by you.
- Summon taxis upon request.
- Shuttle guests to Legoland and within five miles of the resort.
- Assist guests with boxes to conference center and all other requests that are considered services that promote the hotel in a guest's perception but do not conflict with Hotel or Departmental standard operating procedures or are governed by state and federal laws.
- Safely operate all guest vehicles parking and pulling on hotel property. Obey all California traffic laws while operating vehicles.
- Attend all scheduled training, departmental and hotel meetings and activities, refer all questions or concerns to immediate supervisor or departmental manager, promote positive working environment for all associates, and follow all guidelines and procedures set forth in employee handbook.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be approved by company insurance.
- Must be able to operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently.
- Must have valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Must be a minimum of 21 Years of age.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year experience as a bell or valet attendant/bell captain is required.