Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cove Food Runner
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationSheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleCove Food Runner
Area of InterestFood & Beverage/Culinary
JOB SUMMARY: The Purpose of this position is to plate dishes in the Cove Kitchen. Employee is required to build tickets accurately and then deliver those items directly to the guests that have ordered. This position will also assist servers in providing quality food to our guests according to the outlet specifications. They will be responsible for answering the phone and taking to-go orders. They are to also maintain a clean work station that is fully stocked throughout their shift
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Inspect all outgoing plates to ensure they are correctly prepared and garnished
- Organize and expedite all orders in the transportation of food from kitchen to the pool deck
- Bus tables and stock plates
- Interact and communicate with Servers and Culinary Staff to ensure high quality of service for our customers
- Interact with customers regarding current menu options, beverage lists and daily specials
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity and proper table set up
- Assist as necessary with removal and transportation of soiled wares from table to dishwashing areas. Separate soiled wares and food according to procedures
- Minor kitchen duties including using the Merrychef & other cooking equipment
- Maintain and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Be familiar with hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately
- Answer phone in a gracious and respectful manner and handle all guest requests via the telephone up to and including take-out orders
- Work quickly and efficiently while adhering to all safety standards of the kitchen
- Prepare to-go orders for pickup
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess proficient computational ability.
- Must possess proficient computer and POS usage skills
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of resort food and beverage menus
- High school or equivalent education required. College Degree Preferred
- 1 year Restaurant Experience Required
Licenses or Certificates
- Must have valid Food Handler's Card.