Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
F&B Outlets (Restaurant) Supervisor
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationThe Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleF&B Outlets (Restaurant) Supervisor
Area of InterestFront Office/Guest Services
Lead food & beverage operations during a shift for all resort functions, including Restaurants, bars, In Room Dining, and poolside. Model standards and expectations and hold staff members accountable to standards and expectations. Lead in product awareness and to strive to set the Resort's food & beverage programs apart from the industry as the leader in service, product, and sales.
- Ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guest needs are met.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
- Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc.
- Inspect storage areas for organization, use of FIFO, and cleanliness.
- Complete scheduled inventories and stock and requisition necessary supplies.
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model and first point of contact for associate grievances and issues.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of resort food and beverage operations.
- Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
Education & Experience
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2+ years previous restaurant experience in a restaurant of similar size and quality.
- 1 + years previous leadership experience required.
- Previous experience with POS required; experience with InfoGenesis preferred.