Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationThe Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleGeneral Cashier
Area of InterestAccounting
POSITION PURPOSE: As a General Cashier, you will be responsible for ensuring an effective flow of cash within the hotel by performing the following the essential job functions to the highest standards:
- Monitor compliance with hotel policies for house banks, daily banking of cash and foreign exchange policies and facilitate training of those associates who are unsure of correct procedure.
- Ensure all house floats are supported by current, fully completed and approved house bank contracts and recipient fully understands contract per hotel policy.
- Audit, in the presence of an approved witness, all house banks on a monthly basis and report any discrepancies to associate's Supervisor and Controller.
- Collect daily cashier envelopes from drop safe in presence of a witness each morning. Open and count contents of each envelope in presence of a witness and record cash totals on general cashier report. Ensure witness signature is obtained.
- Arrange for collection of daily takings by bank and ensure collection is performed each working day of the week.
- Prepare bank deposit slips for security escort service.
- Verify that all shift and cashier closings for the PMS and POS systems have been completed and paperwork attached balances to shift closing reports.
- Prepare daily General cashier report and forward to Assistant Director of Finance for review.
- Prepare weekly petty cash report for reimbursement.
- Reimburse approved petty cash claims to departments on a timely basis and submit general cashier float reimbursement checks request to Accounts Payable on a weekly basis.
- Ensure house float is returned by any terminating employees. After float has been returned, cancel float contract and send to Human Resources, retaining a copy for your records.
- Distribute cash to approved recipients for any cash cheques processed by accounts payable; ensuring signature is obtained from recipient(s).
- Receive updated daily foreign exchange rates from bank and communicate new rates to front office
- Compile cashier overage/shortage report and submit to Accountant at end of each month for review. Investigate any individually significant variances on a timely basis and report any unexplained variances to the Director of Finance.
- Liaise with security escort services as necessary.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting operations.
- Service orientation. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Use standard office machines effectively.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written.
- A high rate of accuracy in all aspects of work
- Excellent ability with numbers and arithmetic