Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationSheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleHouse Attendant
Area of InterestHousekeeping/Laundry
POSITION SUMMARY: Ensure all areas of Hotel guest rooms are clean and maintained according to the standards set down by the hotel, thereby contributing to a pleasant, positive guest experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform general cleaning duties in Hotel as follows:
- Responsible for supplying and furnishing maids closet linens and amenities for guest rooms including:
- Maintain cleanliness of maids closet
- Responsible for pickup of dirty linen from maids cart
- Responsible for furnishing clean linen throughout day
- Maintain cleanliness of all trash chute rooms
- Maintain cleanliness of glass doors and windows
- Maintain cleanliness of Vending /Ice room
- Maintain cleanliness of hallways of Hotel and stairwells (Vacuum/carpet exaction)
- Maintain cleanliness of all hallway lamps, i.e., sconces and ceiling lamp
- Maintain cleanliness of elevators
- Maintain cleanliness of hallway telephone and furnish with supply
- Support Room Attendant by cleaning and stripping guest rooms
- Perform Guest Request throughout day
- Ensure work area is clean when finished
- Responsible for being knowledgeable about the hotel
- Maintain at all times a neat and clean professional appearance
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Use hands to lift, carry or pull objects that may be heavy.
- Understand simple instructions.
- Learn simple procedures and techniques.
- Perform routine work or the same task over and over again.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable with carpet care and floor care
- Some experience with carpet and floor care equipment preferred
- Knowledgeable with cleaning chemicals and supply equipment
High school or equivalent education preferred.
Prior cleaning experience required. Prior hospitality experience desired.