Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Massage Therapist
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationThe Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort
Job TitleLead Massage Therapist
Area of InterestSpa
Responsible for providing massage and body treatments. Educates and trains all new and existing massage therapists, develops treatment protocols and ensures the protocol handbook is up to date and accurate along with maintaining provider schedules. Manages professional supply inventory and works with the Spa Manager to create new treatments and seasonal specials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform all spa services according to specific spa treatment protocols.
- Begin and end all scheduled appointments on time.
- Provide clients with high quality, customized massage and spa treatments.
- Educate clients on the benefits of spa services offered; guide them in choosing the best services to meet their needs.
- Provide professional body care recommendations for clients.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Create rapport with guests and cultivate a loyal clientele base.
- Be a part of a strong team work environment and coordinate with other spa departments.
- Use Book4Time software to enter client data and to access daily appointment schedule.
- Correspond with clients via note card mailings and phone calls.
- Communicate problems with facility and equipment to the spa supervisor and/or spa director.
- Assist with spa supply and linen care as needed.
- Maintain proper sanitation and cleanliness of spa supplies and rooms.
- Maintain adequate supply of spa products in rooms - communicate product order needs to the spa supervisor/retail & inventory manager.
- Responsible for the set up and close down of massage and spa treatment rooms.
- Communicate and interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Communicate any customer service problems to the spa supervisor and/or Spa Manager.
- Acting Manager on Duty for the Spa in the absence of the Spa Manager or Spa Supervisor.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experienced and comfortable making professional body care recommendations.
- Highly organized with strict time management skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills and active listening skills.
- Ability to multi task and be flexible as schedule changes may occur.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, internet and email functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of staff.
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team.
- Exude a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must have a current California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC) Massage Therapist certification.
- 1000 hours of training in massage therapy
- Minimum of 4-6 years' hands-on experience - school clinic, events, spa/salon setting, private practice, or other experience applies. 1-2 years of experience in a training role preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
- Massage Therapist certification.