Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
LocationThe Westin/Sheraton Carlsbad Resort
Area of InterestActivities
Assists in providing world class service to guests at the pool, by proactively promoting a safe and enjoyable experience that exceeds guest's expectations. Responsible for the safety of all guests in the pool area. Sees that pool rules and regulations are adhered to and regulates guest conduct, ensuring the safety of the pool area. Responsible for constant and ongoing monitoring of the pools, hot tub, and slides and acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of guests in the event of an emergency. Provide emergency care and treatment, as needed. Performs designated rescue practices as needed.
This is a temporary position through September/October 2019.
- Promote the rules and regulations of the pool, hot tub, and slide area. Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager.
- Monitor the swimming area for dangerous conditions, unusual or unsafe activities, and swimmers who are struggling.
- Maintain direct contact with patrons and communicates with them in an effective manner, including enforcing all pool rules and regulations.
- Use appropriate rescue techniques if observing swimmers in need of assistance.
- Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Opens and closes the pool, ensuring the safety of all participants while in the pool.
- Conducts facility inspections, completes checklists and reports any concerns to supervisor.
- Assists guests with questions regarding the resort, activities and general information
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, observing the "15, 10" rules.
- Obtain, fold, and stack towels according to company procedures.
- Wash, mop, and clean the pool deck.
- Maintain clean pool deck area, including picking up trash.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays, dependent upon resort needs.
- Must be available June through August, as scheduled, without summer vacation leave.
- Successfully complete the International Lifeguard Training Program and ongoing training requirements.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to work both independently and in team procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of principles and techniques of: Preventive lifeguarding, water rescues, first aid, and CPR.
- Ability to swim with proficiency and endurance, analyze situations and adopt a quick, effective course of action.
- Deal effectively and perceptively with the guests, and promote team work with colleagues.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Previous Lifeguarding experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
- Must be able to obtain lifeguard certification upon offer for hire.
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.